Product Owner (Belgium, Liège)
Based on the Product Vision provided by the Product Manager, you understand and share it with the development team for the assigned product/module and understand how products fit in the ecosystem.
As a Product Owner, you are accountable for maximizing the value of the product/module and the work of the development team. Throughout the collection/gathering and the prioritization of needs, you're accountable for the definition and formalization of the Product/Module Backlog as well as for grooming it.
You are the single point of contact regarding this Product/Module Backlog for all persons external to the development team.
You collaborate with a Product Manager and others stakeholders following SCRUM methodology.
In that role, your tasks are:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to collaboratively define the Product Roadmap, in order to launch new products and iterate on existing ones
- Ensure the development team understands the Product Vision and Product roadmap. Federate the development team around this Product Vision
- Based on the market requirement document, translate these business requirements into Epics and User Stories
- Responsible for Product Backlog creation and grooming to decompose/estimate Epics, User Stories and customer issues
- Consistently prioritizes user stories based on the big picture
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Readily available for the team to answer questions and participates in all Scrum ceremonies
- Ensure the development team understands the items (functional and/or technical requirements) in the Product Backlog to the level needed
- Steer and motivate the development team to deliver committed user stories
- Product and sprint backlog definition, ensure the right priorities are set/defined and ensure the delivery of the user stories and bugs corrections
- Approve delivered user stories during the team demo and collect feedback
- Follow up and track product progress
- Manage the stakeholders and make tough decisions
- Communication and synchronization with all stakeholders
- Document summaries of new implemented features and release notes
- Tech savvy and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Know enough tech to talk tech and enough business to talk business
- Very good communication and leadership skills
- Believe in an "Agile Scrum" approach to product development which is focused on a constant cycle of feedback, measurements and optimization.
- Know what it means to solve complex, functional and analytical problems while keeping the customer top of mind, and get things done
- Able to give and receive feedback
- Able to manage and set expectations with stakeholders, displays strong negotiation skills
- Able to make critical decisions quickly
- Able to execute tasks autonomously
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Result oriented and strong team player
- Deep understanding of high technology with the ability to understand the details experience in the video and/or broadcast/media industry is a strong asset
You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits.