QC Manager (Belgium, Liège)
As team leader, is accountable for providing guidance and coaching to team members and developing the people’s competencies within the team. He/She helps them consistently deliver working software to the standards the Company expects.
People & Team Management
- Coach and mentor team members on business and soft skills
- Assign team members to teams to ensure the right people stand at the right place
- Help team members in reaching a high level of autonomy
- Ensure the team members are aware and adhere to Company processes and practices
- Is accountable for developing and training team member
- Is accountable for developing budget plan, equipment and infrastructure order
- Is accountable for recruitment
- Ensure no one person in the team is solely accountable for any critical task or activity
- With the contribution of external stakeholders, define yearly objectives, assess team members’ achievements
- Participate actively and contribute to transversal initiatives with the objective to bring valuable improvements for the teams, the department and the Company
- Together with peers, support and drive department in his Continuous Improvement, by establishing valuable improvements and processes
- Does at a certain percentage of your time (30%) what your team does
- Support teams in defining the future-proof strategies that best match their objectives and constraints
- Increase the technical expertise of the team on e.g. managing technical debt, system performance, security and maintainability
- Promote modern development practices in the team
- lnsist on architecture aspects within the teams on their assigned products
- Ensure the different guidelines are correctly used and implemented (ex: UX, Coding…)
- Ensure that the team stay up to date on industry news, technologies and developments process
Contribution in Agile environment
- Help remove impediments/blocks that the development team is not able to resolve by themselves; while Scrum Master does this day-to-day, team leader will need to focus on removing more systemic or companywide blocks
- Work closely with Product Owner, QA, and other teams in an agile environment to collaborate and influence products development
After a Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent and a solid experience validating software meeting high-performance and real time constraints, you want to actively lead the validation of innovative applications applied to the video broadcasting domain.
You are capable of managing a team of QC Engineer working in an Agile environment.
You have the following skills:
- Master tools, technics and methods of validating software development in a multithreaded real time based environment
- Be open-minded and value teamwork, have the sense of the responsibilities
- Focus on quality, detail minded, willing to take care of stakeholders point of view
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Willing to invest in knowledge of broadcasting solutions
- Shows initiative, is curious, and communicates well about initiatives
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously and getting help whenever needed
- Desire to work in a fast paced, growing & deadline driven environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively
- French speaker with a working knowledge of English
You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits.
If you already have a My CVWarehouse account, please make sure to login before applying for this job
At EVS we give utmost importance to your data's privacy. If you wish to know more on how we manage your data and on your rights, please consult our Privacy Statement.