Support Engineer (Australia, Sydney)
Based in Sydney, you will be responsible for the general support of EVS Australia clients. You will be expected to provide expertise, advice to customers & resolve customer issues within the assigned product families. You will take full ownership for response time and issue resolution within the assigned Tier, in order to meet customer service level commitments and increase customer satisfaction. You will also be periodically on-call for 24/7 customer support hotline.
- Ensure intake of internal and/or external client enquiries, categorize and submit issues through ticketing system.
- Ensure investigation, diagnosis, resolution and hand-over and if necessary escalate the issue to a higher Tier in accordance with procedures & guidelines.
- Take incident ownership, ensure monitoring, tracking and ongoing client communication.
- Manage customer expectations throughout support service delivery within the assigned Tier.
- Provide client support, advice and technical issue resolution via phone, email and/or onsite assistance.
- When applicable, configure complete proprietary products, systems, equipment for demo, training and/or support needs.
- Provide coaching, assistance and (advanced) technical training to colleagues and/or customers in the use of EVS product families, systems and applications.
- Follow up on SLA, issues and risks in the customer service, define solutions and/or temporary workarounds.
- Create and maintain technical documentation in appropriate systems, as well as ensure periodic service level reporting.
- Liaise closely with colleagues and provide product feedback to reduce or prevent future customer issues.
- Adhere to department policies and procedures regarding service delivery (when applicable: e.g. ticketing, escalation, 24/7 customer support hotline etc.).
- A strong interest in audio/video, electronics, computers or software is essential
- Electronic or computer qualification/certification
- Knowledge of networking (LAN and WAN) competencies
- Computer OS knowledge, including DOS, Windows, MAC OS & Linux familiarity desired
- Experience with hardware and software issues
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers
- The applicant ideally should have some industry experience and be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Enthusiastic & personable
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Proper phone etiquette a must
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations
- Customer-focused with effective listening skill
If you already have a My CVWarehouse account, please make sure to login before applying for this job