Application Engineer (Netherlands, Gilze)
EVS is looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to join our Cerebrum team in The Netherlands.
Cerebrum (an EVS product) is a complete control and monitoring solution based on an open architecture allowing the integration of third-party drivers/protocols and providing integration with a very wide range of broadcast domain equipment such as video/audio mixers, routers, video servers, multiviewers, robotic cameras, IRD, etc.
Cerebrum also has applications in the wider audio-visual market such as the integrated control of lights, PTZ cameras, MIDI devices, etc.
Implementation of Cerebrum projects involves commissioning/customization of the application and production of customized User Interfaces. Cerebrum Designer is the application used to create custom graphical user interfaces from an existing library of control templates and pre-defined objects, from imported graphic files and external data sources such as XML files. This is accomplished by programming in a proprietary scripting language. Workflows can be graphically laid out, allowing operators to view the status of all the elements within it, for example, a signal chain. By clicking a mouse, or using a touch screen, operators can change a device’s settings.
On the left side is the GUI created from a library of equipment attributes, available on the right-hand side
In your role as Cerebrum Software engineer, you will be working closely with a Tech Lead who is technically responsible for the Cerebrum deployment for a customer. The Tech lead will translate functional requirements into user stories that need to build and developed in Cerebrum Designer.
- Writing and implementing efficient code in Cerebrum Designer to meet the functional requirements of a customer
- Develop new Cerebrum software components or modify existing ones using Cerebrum Designer
- Review of software requirements in both Designer and core application
- Testing and releasing code to a customer
- Bugfixing and troubleshooting of code
- Peer review of code
- Version control
- Formulation of software designs and related implementation, consistent with existing designs and compliant to in-house style
- User interface design
- Preparation of specified test plans and test cases and related software testing
- Production of relevant technical documentation
- Configuration of Cerebrum application
- Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Computer Science (College or university)
- 3+ years’ programming experience
- Work experience in the broadcast industry is a key advantage (i.e. as a broadcast engineer)
- Experience with User Interface design
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A dynamic and flexible personality who enjoys working in a team
- Ability to work under pressure with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
- Knowledge or programming experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Web-based communication technologies
- Achieves high-quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
- Focus on quality, detail-minded, customer-oriented
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning project stages and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious and communicates initiatives well
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; respond accurately, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High-stress resistance; does not give up in crisis situation; does not lose control under pressure
Fluent in English
Working knowledge of Dutch & French is an asset
If you already have a My CVWarehouse account, please make sure to login before applying for this job