Software Engineer C# & Cloud (Belgium, Liège)
She/he is knowledgeable deployment and microservice orchestration running over virtualization layers, monitoring software best practices within the full software development lifecycle. She/he has a deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure provisioning automation, continuous integration and deployment frameworks, with a particular understanding of real time media processing functions, networking and cloud-based delivery models.
She/he will have demonstrated experience in designing and implementing reliable, scalable and high performing media-based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical media solutions.
She/he will be a teamwork champion, capable of working side by side with R&D teams while keeping a solution and service delivery mindset. She /he will be able to think both short term and long term, produce documentation and work on AGILE, Continuous Value Delivery project teams. She/he may supervise other software engineers or external providers in matrix organizations.
- Lead the integration of cloud-based (private and/or public) solutions : software development and deployment
- Design, Architect, Evaluate and Deliver POCs as well as ready for operations media production deployments related to innovative services
- Designing the media cloud environment and (devops aspects) underlaying virtualization layer from a global point of view, working on specific implementations to deliver media solutions and implementations for live, near live and non-linear media production workflows
- Translating specific needs and roadmap items into a cloud structure that will suit those needs while paying special attention to the project requirements in terms of resource usage and scalability
- Oversee cloud security in collaboration with security teams
- Work with R&D Product Owners, Solutions Team lead, project managers, solutions managers and other stakeholders to translate solution requirements into a cohesive cloud architecture while contributing to the roadmap
- Maintain a high-SLA, scalability, reliability and agility mindset in the proposed solution designs
- Produce documentation, evaluation reports, schemas and descriptions as required.
Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university)
5+ years of experience in software solutions engineering, cloud integration and cloud architecture
In-depth knowledge in C# development on Windows and Linux and in web frontend development
In-depth knowledge in web application and cloud development
In-depth knowledge in Data Center ecosystems, software/hardware engineering and Public Cloud
In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices and continuous delivery best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps)
Knowledge of NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud Computing
Interested in Kubernetes, docker, ansible, ...
- Cloud architecture certification is a plus
- Test-driven development and familiarity with developer-driven automated testing
- Experience in the broadcast industry
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development practices
Soft skills :
- Achieves high-quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
- Focus on quality, detail-minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious and communicates well about initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; response properly, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High-stress resistance; does not give up in crisis situation; does not lose control under pressure
Fluent in French
Working knowledge of English
Software Engineer C# & CloudLogin
If you already have a My CVWarehouse account, please make sure to login before applying for this job