Cloud & Devops Engineer (Belgium, Liège)
The Media Cloud / Devops engineer is responsible for designing, developping and setting general principles for the software applications running both on private data centre, edge or popular public Cloud platforms.
She/he is knowledgeable on deployment and microservice orchestration running over virtualization layers, monitoring software best practices within the full software development lifecycle. The candidate has a deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure provisioning automation, continuous integration, and deployment frameworks, with a particular understanding of real-time media processing functions, networking and cloud-based delivery models.
He will have demonstrated experience in designing and implementing reliable, scalable and high performing media-based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical media solutions.
The candidate will be a teamwork champion, capable of working side by side with R&D teams while keeping a solution and service delivery mindset. She /he will be able to think both short term and long term, produce documentation and work on AGILE, Continuous Value Delivery project teams. She/he may supervise other software engineers or external providers in matrix organizations.
- Lead the complete integration of cloud-based (private and or public) solutions from design, development to execution.
- Designing the media cloud environment and (devops aspects) underlaying virtualization layer from a global point of view, working on specific implementations to deliver media solutions and implementations for live, near live and non-linear media production workflows
- Translating specific needs and roadmap items into a cloud structure that will suit those needs while paying special attention to the project requirements in terms of resource usage and scalability
- Oversee cloud security in collaboration with security teams
- Design, Architect, Develop, Evaluate and Deliver POCs as well as ready for operations media production deployments related to innovative services
- Work with R&D Product Owners, Solutions Team lead, project managers, solutions managers and other stakeholders to translate solution requirements into a cohesive cloud architecture while contributing to the roadmap
- Maintain a high-SLA, scalability, reliability and agility mindset in the proposed solution designs
- Produce documentation, evaluation reports, schemas and descriptions as required.
- Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university) • 5+ years of experience in software solutions engineering, cloud integration and cloud architecture
- In-depth knowledge in Data Centre ecosystems, software/hardware engineering and Public Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud Computing)
- Experience in devops
- Experience on Programming Languages: C#, Python, Java.
The following technical experiences are not mandatory, and will be considered as an asset:
- Cloud architecture certification is a plus
- Experience with Linux
- Experience in the broadcast industry
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development practices
- Test-driven development and familiarity with developer-driven automated testing
- Achieves high-quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
- Focus on quality, detail-minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious and communicates well about initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; responds properly, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High-stress resistance
- Working knowledge of English & French
Cloud & Devops EngineerLogin
If you already have a My CVWarehouse account, please make sure to login before applying for this job