Application Engineer (Netherlands, Gilze)
EVS is looking for an enthusiastic application engineer to join our Cerebrum team.
Cerebrum (an EVS product) is a complete control and monitoring solution based on an open architecture allowing the integration of third-party drivers / protocols and providing integration with a very wide range of broadcast domain equipment such as video / audio mixers, routers, video servers, multiviewers, robotic cameras, IRD, etc.
Cerebrum also has applications in the wider audio-visual market such as the integrated control of lights, PTZ cameras, MIDI devices, etc.
Implementation of Cerebrum projects involves commissioning / customisation of the application and production of customised User Interfaces. Cerebrum Designer is the application used to create custom graphical user interfaces from an existing library of control templates and pre-defined objects, from imported graphic files and external data sources such as XML files. This is accomplished by programming in a proprietary scripting language. Workflows can be graphically laid out, allowing operators to view the status of all the elements within it, for example a signal chain. By clicking a mouse, or using a touch screen, operators can change a device’s settings.
On the left side is the GUI created from a library of equipment attributes, available on the right hand side
In your role as Cerebrum application engineer you will be working closely with a Technical Architect who is technically responsible for the Cerebrum deployment for a customer. The architect will translate functional requirements into user stories which needs to be build and developed in Cerebrum Designer.
You will be implementing Cerebrum control and monitoring software at customers worldwide. The job includes:
- Writing and implementing code in Cerebrum Designer to meet functional requirements of a customer
- User interface design
- Configuration of Cerebrum application
- Develop new Cerebrum templates or modify existing ones using Cerebrum Designer
- Testing and releasing code to a customer
- Bugfixing and troubleshooting of code
- Version control
- Formulation of software designs and related implementation, consistent with existing designs and compliant to in-house style
- Preparation of specified test plans and test cases and related software testing
- Production of relevant technical documentation
- Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science (College or university)
- 2+ years’ programming experience
- 2+ years’ work experience in the broadcast industry (i.e. as a broadcast engineer). Preferably in a live production environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A dynamic and flexible personality who enjoys working in a team
- Ability to work under pressure with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
- Knowledge of the following broadcast areas would be an advantage:
- Other control & monitoring software experience
- Routing (Baseband and IP)
- Deep understanding of live production workflows
- Understanding of MCR and playout workflows
- Achieves high quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
- Focus on quality, detail minded, customer oriented
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning project stages and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious, and communicates initiatives well
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; responds accurately, reports on-time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High stress resistance; does not give up in crisis situation; does not loose control under pressure
Fluent in English
If you already have a My CVWarehouse account, please make sure to login before applying for this job