Driving innovation: introducing the SportsTech Belgium Accelerator Program for startups
- 12 January 2023
This is the second edition of the Accelerator, an initiative by the innovation hub SportsTech Belgium, founded by Wallifornia, Agoria, EVS, and RBFA, and sponsored by Proximus, Voxdale, Total-e, and RTBF. The goal of this program is to support and uplift promising international startups in the sports and technology industries.
The program received over 40 applications from startups globally, and the organizers had the challenging task of selecting only 8 finalists. During 9 weeks, the finalists received one-on-one coaching from industry leaders, for guidance in various areas of expertise, and including support in developing their marketing strategies and financial proposals. The startups were also coached to prepare their 3-minute pitch, which they all delivered with confidence on stage at EVS’ premises during the Demo Day.
Pitches were from the following startups:
• Filmily (UK), SaaS platform for collecting and curating Fan-based content from events
• Gamifly (France), solutions to gamify live events and broadcasts
• SCARAB Sports, (Belgium), Data-driven technology for skillful and smart football players
• Dartle (India), SaaS platform enabling the sports community to create and provide opportunities
• E-Nano (UK), combining AI and Robotics to disrupt the way Sports Surfaces are managed
• Fanzia (USA), a “web3-as-a-service” marketing and fanbase management DAO
• HIT Coach (UK), AI martial art coach app that takes your skills to the next level
• Ultrax (Croatia), an innovative sports science company working to understand, analyze and enhance sports performances.
During the event, members of the founding team and sponsors of SportsTech Belgium also took the opportunity to share inspiring stories and words of encouragement. They also emphasized that connecting with experts and other startup companies from around the world is vital for success hence the existence of such programs.
To conclude, the SportsTech Demo Day was a fantastic event, where each selected startup had the opportunity to showcase their innovative ideas, receive valuable guidance and support from industry leaders and make important connections.
To find out more about SportsTech Belgium and the Accelerator Program for startups, click below.