The Central & Flexible Ingest solution reduces the time between the ingest of live multi-camera feeds, to the production and post-production stages in studio entertainment and news environments. Leveraging EVS’ new XS-NEO software-defined server and IPD-VIA Ingest app, one of the first applications for the VIA platform of microservices, the solution provides fast, simple ingest with dynamic, concurrent support of multiple formats, codecs and framerates, including 24p cinematic framerate and Long-GOP XDCAM.
- Shorter production cycles: through an intuitive HTML 5 web interface, the solution controls and schedules live feeds ingested directly into the XS-NEO server, shortening production cycles and increasing productivity.
- Fast and efficient creativity: EVS technology saves valuable time for your creativity by reducing time spent looking for shots and managing content through integrated multicamera editing, easy to find metadata.
- Secure and stress-free operations: EVS’ proven track record shows its technology works time and time again without fail, and the loop recording functionality of the server guarantees you’ll never miss a frame.
THE SOLUTION IS BASED ON TWO KEY COMPONENTS
XS-NEO is EVS’ first software-defined server designed to offer simple and efficient ingest for studio and post-production operations. Hosted on EVS’ reliable PMR processing module, XS-NEO embraces all of the benefits of IP connectivity, while supporting SDI-based productions and also delivering EVS’ unique loop recording technology to users.
Built from modular micro-services, IPD-VIA is EVS’ next-generation PAM solution that provides web browsers with a way to manage, edit and coordinate production assets with more efficiency. The Central and Flexible Ingest solution relies on the IPD-VIA Ingest app to control and schedule the feeds ingested directly into the XS-NEO server.
- End-to-end multicam ingest solution
- HTML5 user interface
- Software-defined video server
- Frame accurate multicamera ingest
- Seamless integration with popular post-production systems (Avid)
- Dynamic format support i-Frame & Long-GOP
- 24p cinematic framerate support
- Multi-destination ingest workflow enabled by VIA Flow
- SDI and SMPTE 2110 connectivity