- Product Multiple products
- Category Workflows
The standard duration for this workflow training is 4 days. The 4 days can be organized in a row or if requested spread out over several modules.
English (other languages on request)
This course aims to give an in depth description of the different EVS products involved in a file-based workflow including the integration with third party NLE systems (such as Avid, Adobe Premiere and Apple Final Cut Pro).
The training can be customized to the specific customer setup and workflow. Depending on the number of products involved and the complexity of the workflow, the duration of the training can vary accordingly.
The objective of this training is to provide all the tools enabling the engineer to supervise and monitor the installation, to maintain it, troubleshoot it and deliver the first level support.
It is aimed for experienced engineers with already a good knowledge of EVS systems or for engineers that attended the basic workflow training.
Experienced engineers and technical managers. This training is dedicated to experienced personnel (engineers, technical managers) who has acquired a good knowledge and experience of the XT servers and EVS technology in general.
Good experience with the XT Servers and EVS technology and a minimum knowledge of computer systems. Or having attended the basic workflow technical training.
Module 1 - Introduction and General description
- Product overview and generic workflow description (Different products, SDTI & Gigabit network, near-line storage, transfers to Avid/Adobe/FCP, introduction of formats and codecs to use, OG workflow with Hi-Res and Lo-Res association)
- Hardware presentation (EVS servers, IPDirector, XFile, XStore, XTAccess, types of connections – RS422, SDTI, Gigabit)
- Customer specific workflow or EVS generic workflows
Module 2 – EVS Servers
- EVS servers Hardware detailed description (formats, codecs, configuration IN/OUT, backplane description, boards presentation, video channels, audio channels)
- EVS servers Software description (Boot of the machine, EVS Multicam, EVS Menu, Application List, Advanced features, Channel Parameters, …)
- Description of the EVS servers configuration and setup for the use with IPDirector
- Operational check of the different connections
- Software installation and upgrade
- SNMP Management of the server
Module 3 – IPDirector
- Description of the possible connections with XT Servers (XT Server IPDP Mode, LSM Mode, inter-connection via Ethernet, XT Servers Network, integration of multiple IPDirector workstations in a XT Network)
- Start up of the system and operational check of the different connections
- Software installation and configuration (Remote installer, database configuration, routing service configuration, network configuration, SyncroDB configuration, IPDirector configuration, Target configuration, Nearline Management, etc.)
Module 4 – EVS Media Products
- Presentation of the integration principles (purpose, components, XFile, XTAccess, VIA Xsquare)
- Media file exchange
- Interoperability in production networks
- File converting (transcode, wrap, unwrap, rewrap, repurpose)
- Transfer media (traffic optimization, jumboframes, … )
- System and session configuration
- Configuration (Scan folders, XML Jobs)
- VIA Xsquare
- System and architecture description
- Configuration: targets, XML scans, scan folders configuration, XTAccess and orchestration configuration
- Monitoring tool for jobs and services
- NLE systems integration
- Configuration (Avid, Adobe, Apple)
Module 5 – Network
- Detailed description of network configurations and updates
- Configuration of XNet (connection with or without XHub, setup conditions)
- Configuration of the GigE Network (Switches, PC, connections, Jumboframe, setup flow examples)
Module 6 – Basic Operations
- EVS Servers’ basic operations
- IPDirector Overview of the different production applications (Channel Explorer, Recorder Panel, Ingest Scheduler, Control Panel, Playlist Panel, IPEdit, Database Explorer, IPLogger)
Module 7 – Workflow
- Detailed description of the customer workflow
- Workflow description (XML files…)
- Presentation of methods to manage the media (organisation of directories/folders/bins, cleaning of the database, on-line/off-line storage possibilities, …)
- Description of the User Manager (definition of users and groups of users, ownership of elements, resources, visibility, user profiles)
- Troubleshooting guide
Module 8 – Maintenance
- Upgrading Software versions and maintenance of the setup
- Ghosting of the different applications
- Monitoring overview and evaluating XNet and Ethernet connections
- Trouble shooting guide and exercises
- Failover possibilities
The content of the training can be adapted and customized to the specific needs of the customer.